Ayurvedic Therapies for post Covid recovery and resilience
“A RENAISSANCE FROM COVID 19-PANDEMIC THROUGH AYURVEDA”
As we all know the whole world is fighting against the second wave of Covid-19 Pandemic, causing an uncountable health crisis globally. In the post COVID -19 sequalae recovered patients may continue to report wide variety of signs and symptoms including fatigue,lack of appetite and other digestive problems, body ache, head ache, cough, sore throat, difficulty in breathing, anxiety & mental fatigue etc.
A holistic approach is required for follow up care and well-being of all post COVID recovering patients. Here comes the importance of Ayurveda for healthy and persistent wellness. Ayurveda offers a number of medicinal plants, traditionally used for thousands of years, identified for their interesting antioxidant, rejuvenative, antistress, adaptogenic and immunomodulatory activities; which helps to prevents the occurrence of disease in the body, counters the progress of disease in the body and helps to restore the health of mind and body in a natural way
Post-COVID Follow Up suggestions
I. At individual level
· Continue the practice of personal care measures (use of mask, hand & respiratory hygiene,
· Drink adequate amount of warm water.
· Take immunity promoting supplements and medications in order to revitalize the strength of
body and mind
· If there is persistent dry cough / sore throat, do saline gargles and take steam inhalation. The addition of herbs/spices for gargling/steam inhalation
· Follow rehabilitative and rejuvenative Ayurvedic therapies in order to regain homeostasis of body
II. Diets and regiments to be followed